Saturday 30 April 2016

My top ten tips for festival virgins...

Its getting to that time of the year again...I am going to Glastonbury this year (yayyyy!). I first went in 2014 and it was incredible. instead I’m sharing some words of wisdom for all of you yet to break your festival virginity…



1. TISSUES

So I saw a few people walking around with massive loo rolls. Let be honest, its not a good look.. They give away free loo roll at the property lockups but i’m not sure about you but I would definitely rather an extra couple of strongbows in my bag than loo roll. I would recommend popping to the pound shop (you will notice a theme with this) and pick up some tissue packs. You will only need one a day and they are perfect for everything. Need the loo? No worries! Split a kebab down your top? Don't worry about it! Smudged your makeup due a torrential rainstorm? Pfft! So you get the picture, take tissues.

2. A rucksack

I wanted to be all cool and get a (now what I call) lame bumbag. It fits nothing in it and you look like a wally so please don’t buy one. I ended up using the free Glastonbury bag all weekend and even resorted to getting a free Guardian newspaper one (I was desperate). I was envious of all the people with their rucksacks, as by day 3 you don’t care how you look, you just care if you can fit all that alcohol for the day and night into your bag (classy, I know).

3. A big tent

Please don’t do what I did and think a three man tent will be big enough for two tall girls plus all their bags. It was a bit of a nightmare if i’m honest. There just isn’t enough room and you end up sleeping with your bag pretty much on top of you. We went to visit a friend on another field and she had the biggest tent for just her and I was so jealous. It really makes a massive difference so if you are wanting to change without elbowing the person you are sharing with buy a good tent!

4. Alcohol

We took a lot of mixer with us (which may I add, was a nightmare to carry) and most of it popped on the way to the fields… Just buy some on site (its really not that expensive) or just drink it straight. It saves a lot of hassle, trust me.



5. Food

Just don’t take any with you. The food is incredible, that’s all.



6. Dioralyte

I know this is for Dirroreha (it replaces lost fluids rehydrating you quicker) but please just imagine this. The day before you starting drinking at 9am and it is now 4am and you’ve just managed to find your way back to your tent without face planting the tent. You are going to feel this when you get woken up by the soundcheck at 9am… Down some Dioralyte. Its vile, but I never had a hangover once, which is surprising as I drunk a lot… Its a saver.

7. A torch

I don’t think I really have to say much about this one, but I will say this… just picture trying to use the longdrops at 3am in the morning… yeah you know what I mean.



8. Anti bacterial gel

Glastonbury were very good at having stocked up gel at every loo I saw. Although, when I got home my hands were so so dry due to using it as I assume it was cheap stuff. If you don’t want this to happen (it wasn’t very pleasent) take some lovely gel with you that you get from boots!

9. A groundsheet

This was a last minute purchase for me. I saw it in the pound shop and thought it would come in handy and was I correct!! We had a thunderstorm on one of the days so we used the groundsheet so protect our bags from getting drenched and then used it as a seat when it was dry. It was definitely a multi use purchase!

10. A good waterproof coat..

Finally, I can’t stress this enough BUY A GOOD COAT. I know it seems pretty obvious, but when you see a pretty floral one in New Look it all goes belly up. I have a really good layered jacket but I decided to take a thin, one layered jacket with me because I looked good in it. WORST MISTAKE EVER. Every time it rained I was like a drowned rat. If you didn’t have a jumper on underneath you got soaked. It got to the stage when I had to buy a very fetching bright green poncho. You honestly won’t care what you look like, but you will care if you’re cold and wet.


I hope these points help you because I know I read so many blogs about festivals before I went. I hope you have an amazing time at whatever festival you are going to or planning on going too! Let me know where you are going and if this helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.