Sunday 16 October 2016

Your choices are YOURS to make


I saw this the other day and it really sparked a fire inside of me. Why do I, and probably the rest of you reading this, worry about what others think? Its understandable but also pretty ridiculous. The only person who will remember your decisions five years from now will be you. Its not effecting anyone else life so why not make a choice in YOUR life based on someone else's opinion?

Lets turn time back to last Sunday evening. It was the eve of my 25th birthday and I was sat on my floor in my kitchen having a heart to heart with someone and waiting for my pizza to cook (that can I add I was REALLY looking forward too). I got so caught up in the messages my pizza burnt (great...) and I then proceeded to text my best friend that I was having a quarter life crisis that probably looked something like the below...

A, I'M SAT ON THE FLOOR IN MY KITCHEN EMOTIONAL BECAUSE  I DON'T KNOW WHAT DECISION TO MAKE. WHAT IS LIFE?! WHAT AM I DOING?! OMG NOW MY PIZZA IN BURNT :'(

Looking back on it I laugh and I think what the hell Becca. Get yourself together. But at that moment in time I was just like what the bloody hell am I doing with my life? I mean it doesn't help that my Facebook (its evil sometimes) is FULL of people doing well in life. Houses, babies, engagements, job promotions you know the people I mean. I know people aren't going to post the bad on social media... but I mean why did everyone chose the one week I was feeling very reflective and lying in bed with the flu to remind me how bluergh I am. I mean what a good hand of cards I got that week. Yay 25. A, my best friend, gave me the best advice referring to heart to heart situation. And I'm quoting the actual text message now -

I think you need to just stop over thinking and make a decision either way.

YES. That was it, I always overthink situations. That is what I needed to do. I was worried about what other people would think of my decision, but did that really matter? No, it didn't.

I realised everyone has different opinions on what we all do in life and thats ok. It'd be boring if we all had the same views on things but those who love you will support you in what YOU want to do in life and they are the ones that are the keepers. They will be there to pick up the pieces and give you a massive hug and most importantly not tell you 'I told you so'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.