Sunday 1 January 2017

2017, I promise...


Firstly, a very Happy New Year to you beautiful lot! I was going to do a post about how my 2016 turned out but I decided to make some promises about what I want to achieve for 2017...

1. Get fit 
I haven't been happy with my fitness (and body) in a very very long time. I've tried to better myself and get the motivation to do it. To put it blunt it hasn't happened and I'm not going to make excuses. Its because I've been bloody lazy. To loose weight would be great, but this year its all about getting fit. I used to compete in rowing championships and now I couldn't even row 2000 metres without my chest exploding.

2. Cleanse the bad out of my life
So this could cover a lot of things, people and things. I've given A LOT of my time giving a shit about people who don't give a shit about me. I am not going to waste time on people who wouldn't do the same for me. Simple. This starts with a massive cleanse of people in my life, if you're not going to make the effort I'm not either. Its a bit sad because I know this could risk me loosing contact with some people, but come on guys its a two way thing.

3. Be happy
Maybe this is a cliche but I think but doing the above two things I'll naturally become a lot happier. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy. I have great friends, family and job but I just need to focus on myself a lot more this year and the people that want to come on this journey will.

4. Learn a new skill
2016 brought drumming, 2017 needs to bring something else. No idea what this will be yet but by the end of the year I want to have learnt something new, a sport, a language? I'm not too sure yet but I want to keep challenging myself. 

5. Go to loads of gigs!
Now this is given as I do a lot of this already but I want to head to some of the smaller venues and find bands I haven't heard of. I love music and going to gigs is one of my favourite things to do with friends, it makes me so happy. So more of this please!

I don't really know how 2017 is going to turn out, but its a year for self growth thats certain. I know the people I love will come on this journey with me and if they don't they can fuck off quite frankly :)




4 comments:

  1. I can relate to all of these! Good luck with your goals x

    Happy New Year!
    www.astoldbykirsty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Becca. I hope that 2017 is kind to you and that you're able to achieve all your goals!


    Heather, Porcelain Beauty x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.