Thursday 13 October 2016

Birthday Rockfish meal

I always take my friend Irina to the same restaurant every time she comes down to visit me in Plymouth. She lives in London and loves seafood. So in my head, Rockfish is the best place to go (and she loves it)! Plus, they only have restaurants in the South West so you can't get it in London! The fish is caught daily so the fish you're eating that day is so fresh and tasty! She came down last weekend for my Birthday so naturally before she got the train home we grabbed some seaside fish and chips.



Time and time again, they give the best service and even better food. Sorry if I make anyone hungry after reading this post, I'm already wanting it again and I haven't even put the pictures in yet... The restaurant over looks the Plymouth Sound and has a lovely seaside chic interior with lots of booths.

Now, lets get down to the details.. thats why we are all here! I am so predictable when I come to Rockfish, I get the same starter every time. IT IS SO DELICIOUS.


I mean lets just take a moment to look at this crab delight...

White and dark crab meat stuffed in a crab shell with a side salad, brown bread and garlic aioli. Its just beautiful. 

For main we both had the mixed plate of different seafood. It had prawns, monkfish, cod, sprats (normally there is calamari but they didn't have any!). The dips were their original tartar sauce and sweet chilli sauce, mmmmmm....



We'd be drinking the night before so as much as the gin cocktails were tempting me I decided to be sensible and also a big kid. I had a traditional coke float. I didn't even feel ashamed asking for it...


Best decision of the day.

Massive thank you to Rockfish for a lovely birthday meal and fantastic service! I'm sure we'll be back for lots more seafood soon!

Check out their website and head to your nearest Rockfish for amazing food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.