Thursday 4 August 2016

The iced coffee battle 2016!

I love coffee. Those days when you can't function it makes me look like I'm not as tired as I am. Like I'm sure we all do, I hit a dilemma in the summer months. I'm already hot enough as it is but I need my caffeine fix. Thank god for the beauty that is iced coffee!

I want this mug SO badly!
Now, at heart, I am a Cafe Nero girl. They cheer me up in the morning and give me the best coffee a girl could wish for. And with a standard two shots in their coffee could you ask for me? But their iced coffee just didn't do it for me. So I decided I was going to go on an iced coffee 'tour' and find the best one! I didn't plan to blog about it, but hey plans change!

Lets start from the bottom up to build a bit of excitement.... (just me? ok then!). At number 4 we have McDonalds. Now I don't know what possessed me to go into here to get a coffee. Lets just not talk about it again, I've let myself down... but I did and I won't be going back there anytime soon. It was really really sweet and you couldn't really taste the coffee. It was full of chunks of ice. Not a winner. 2/5

Slipping in at third place, and it pains me to say this, is Cafe Nero. I have to admit, I've only had the one and it was ok. But after trying other brands I just didn't go back because the others were so nice. I think I need to go back and give it another try because I do feel like I'm cheating on Cafe Nero... but maybe they just make awesome hot coffee and we'll leave our relationship at that. The iced coffee was really really watery which lost a lot of the taste! 3/5

Second place goes to Costa. I don't normally go here as its a bit out of the way on the way to work but only went because a friend wanted to grab a coffee here. I have to say I was surprised at the nice it was. The prices start to creep up in Costa I think but it was full of flavour and the right consistency. Couple of chunks of ice here and there but otherwise a good drink. 3.5/5

And the winner is.... Starbucks! I very rarely go to Starbucks because I feel the prices are a bit higher but their iced coffee is amazing. Definitely worth that £3.25. I've had quite a few from here now and from different Starbucks in the city and they are all of similar quality. Its thick, not to creamy, full of coffee and no ice chunks (its a pet hate if you hadn't realised by now!). The staff in the Plymouth branch at the bottom of town are just LOVELY as well so it makes me want to buy the coffee even more :) 4.5/5

Let me know if you have any other places I should try their iced coffee's other than the big brands. It would be great to hear what your opinions are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.