Tuesday 2 February 2016

My favourite Radio One live lounge tracks

I absolutely love Radio One live lounges and as much as I pretty much like all of them (with a few horrific ones that have made the CD's...) and I'll always buy them when they come out. I would like to share some of my favourites with you!

1. Berlin (Originally by RY X) - Sam Smith


I had never heard this song before and instantly fell in love with this cover when I heard it. Sam Smith has a beautiful voice and it only comes into its own when he hits the high notes. I get goosebumps overtime I hear it, it actually makes me quite emotional and its pretty rare a song can do that for you, especially a cover.

2. Fancy (Originally by Iggy Azalea Ft. Charlie XCX) - Kasabain


I hate this original but absolutely LOVE the way Kasabain have covered this, the power of live lounges right there. The grittiness in his voice just makes me want to play it on repeat. It gives it the edge it didn't have before and actually makes it a song I want to have in my music library...

3. Scream (Funk My Life Up) - Paolo Nutini


Unlike the others, this is his original song and he absolutely smashes it. I think this sounds even better than the original and thats when you know you are doing it right.

4. We Can't Stop (Originally by Miley Cyrus) - Bastille


I love Bastille so much, saw them live in Plymouth a couple of years ago and they were insanely good. I remember not being able to get a ticket and then on the day of the gig driving 45 mins to get a ticket from someone who couldn't go anymore and it was SO worth it. I love this cover, its one of my favourites. I love how they switch it up in the middle and make it their own.

5. Take Me To Church (Originally by Hozier) - Ed Sheeran


This is my absolute favourite cover from all of the live lounge CDs. I love Ed Sheeran and Hozier so this cover was just a match made in heaven. I literally can't think of any words to describe it, its a hug for your ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.