Saturday 30 January 2016

Book Review: Not That Kind Of Girl

I haven't raved about a book as much as I have about this one for a VERY long time. I have basically started a library and have five people FIVE in line to read my copy because I've been going on that much about it. Its just fantastic. I just want to shout from the rooftops...

LENA DUNHAM IS A BLOODY GENUIS.



I think she is actually my new girl crush (lets all take a moment to appreciate how good she looks - attitude). For those of you who don't know who she is, she is most famous for HBO's TV show 'Girls'. Please just watch it, its hilarious and very relatable as a twenty something.

Her book was released in 2014 (I think, don't quote me!) so I have no idea why its taken me so long to read it. Not That Kind Of Girl is a book in which a young women 'tells you what she has learnt'. Oh its just so brilliant.

She just says it like it is. She doesn't coat it with sprinkles and glitter (even though some of the subjects she talks about could do with it...) which is admirable. Reading the book is just like having a gossip session with your best mate, I'm having a little giggle about it as I'm writing this post. There is no censoring happening in the book, its all vaginas, drugs and dildos...  and oh the failed sexual experiences and dickhead boyfriends. There are many situations in this book you'll read and exclaim ITS NOT JUST ME! Its actually a little like failed boyfriend therapy. I don't even want to talk about what happens in the book as it will just completely ruin it but there are four sections Body, Behaviour, Work and Big Picture. It just describes everything you are currently going through if you've graduated university and muddling your way through life.

"I never crawled, just rolled, an early sign that I was going to be resistant to most exercise and any sexual position that didn't allow me to relax my back."

This is, and will be for a long time, my favourite book quote ever. Please buy the book and be the weirdo laughing your way to work on the bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.