Sunday 22 May 2016

Jack Savoretti - Written In Scars

I was watching something on TV the other week (I think it was Saturday Night at the Palladium) and I wasn't really paying attention to it all... Then I heard a BEAUTIFUL voice, I looked up and for the next three minutes I was glued to my TV screen. It was Jack Savoretti (beautiful voice and a beautiful man...). I had heard of him before but never actually heard his music, and let me tell you I have been missing out all this time.

He was playing his new single, Catapult. After he finished and after I recovered from my amazement,  I went straight onto my Macbook to search for him on spotify. I wasn't disappointed, his voice has got this beautiful rawness to it. I then went straight onto iTunes and bought his re released version of his album Written In Scars and I haven't stopped listening to it since. I spent a total of 10 hours on the coach to and from London last weekend listening to it and I'm not bored of it yet! I just wanted to share my top three favourites from the album.



Track 4 - Tie Me Down
I love the rawness of Jack's voice in the chorus of this, it adds a different dimension to the song. Great lyrics and a catchy tune that is definitely going to get stuck in your head!



Track 7 - Nobody 'Cept You
You'll have to skip forward a lot in the video before, but he explains the whole meaning behind this song which is lovely. This song makes my heart smile, I think thats the best way to describe it. Have a listen and I'm sure you'll know what I mean.



Track 13 - Catapult
Wow, wow, wow. This song is gorgeous. 100% my favourite song at the moment. This is the song that pulled me into the world of Jack Savoretti. The lyrics are so meaningful and full of soul. I belt the chorus out like an absolute mad women...


How amazing is he? Make sure you go and download his album, you won't regret it. I'm currently searching for tickets to go and see him live now and just realised his London gig is sold out... day ruined... haha. I hope you enjoy him as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.