Sunday 15 November 2015

I'm really into... Royal Blood

So at the beginning of the month I normally blog about the music I am loving at the moment but I just wanted to blog about a band that I LOVE at the moment. This has been now amplified after seeing them live twice in the space of three days, I am just blown away at how good they are.

Two words – Royal Blood.

I bought their album a while back now due to recommendations from friends and hearing them on Radio 1 introducing. As soon as it I downloaded it on my itunes, I didn’t stop playing it. There is nothing out there at the moment that is like them at the moment. It always blows me away that two guys can make that much noise with a bass and drums.

I managed to get tickets to the BRIT awards as well and they were annouced as an act to play. We were up on the upper 4th tier, pretty far away but still a good view all the same. They were insanely good and managed to get the whole crowd going. All my friends confessed how jealous they were that I had tickets, so it was definitely worth leaving London early to get to the gig on Friday night.

I joked in the office saying how cool it would be if Royal Blood got the same train home as us, everyone told me to not be more stupid… but a girl can dream! I listened to their album the whole way home and was so excited for the gig. We got off at Plymouth station and I saw a BRITS bag from afar, I instantly thought someone else had been and got some merch or something. But no, it was FRICKING ROYAL BLOOD. TWO CARRIAGES DOWN FROM US. ON THE SAME TRAIN THE WHOLE BLOODY TIME. I asked them for a picture and had a quick chat (picture evidence below…!) they were so lovely but were rather tired…


The gig later that evening blew my mind. It was so loud. So sweaty but so amazing. I have never seen a crowd jump like that before. I was a bit worried that the acoustics in the venue (its tiny) would be an issue but it wasn’t at all if anything it just amplified the sound. Check out the video on my Twitter below, I’m pretty much in the pit at this point so apologies for the bad quality but you just get a feel for the whole gig. 

https://twitter.com/beccax10/status/572125242426056704

I would hands down say it was the best gig I’ve ever been too, it even beats Ed. And for everyone that knows me, that’s a big deal. My ears still hurt today it was so insane. 


Royal Blood won the ‘Best British Breakthrough Act’ at the BRIT awards this year and I can guarantee that they are going to smash it this next year. So if you don’t know who they are, download their album and thank me later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.